All Brunvoll gearboxes are customised for the specific vessel, with the right number of operational modes and Power Take Out (PTO) / Power Take In (PTI) functions.
All materials used carefully selected to ensure the right conditions of the product. The output power ranges from 500 kW to 20,000 kW.
- The Gear Housing➀ is made from high quality cast iron to achieve a rigid and stiff design. During the design process FEM and FMEA analyses are used to ensure otimum working conditions for gearwheels and bearings.
- Plain White Metal Bearings➁ for pinion and bull gear shafts ensure extremely good reliability.
- The Gear Wheels➂ are of the highest quality and designed with large safety margins.
- Hydraulic-operated Multi-plate Clutches➃ are used for optimum and smooth operation of the entire propulsion system.
- A Mechanical Driven Main Hydraulic Pump➄ is integrated as standard with an electrical driven pump as an option.
Brunvoll offers a wide range of different configurations for powering generators or pumps from the reduction gear. The PTOs can be primary or secondary driven and most PTOs are available with multiple outputs. This applies to all gearbox configurations except for the K-version which has an integrated PTO-function with only one output.
- Vertical (Options for flexible built on PTO / PTI), power range from 500 kW to 20,000 kW
- Vertical 2-Speed, power range from 2,200 kW to 12,000 kW
- Vertical K-Type (Compact design with integrated PTO), power range from 500 kW to 20,000 kW
- Horizontal Twin-in Single-out, power range from 2 x 1,100 kW to 2 x 8,900 kW
- Horizontal, power range from 500 kW to 20,000 kW